NYNNC reports that a man from New Orleans, who previously criticized Louisiana child welfare officials in 2021 for investigating his infant son’s bruises, now faces a second-degree murder charge in the death of his baby daughter.

Christopher Strickland, aged 42, was released on $175,000 bond after being arrested on Thursday. The charges against him also include cruelty to a juvenile, according to The Times-Picayune/The New Orleans Advocate.

Strickland is accused of shaking his 5-month-old daughter, Louisa Strickland, resulting in severe injuries. His attorney released a statement denying that Strickland harmed his child.

Strickland claimed that he shook the baby in an attempt to revive her after finding her unresponsive. During a bond hearing, his defense attorney, Sarah Chervinsky, argued that the shaking was done in response to the baby being found unresponsive.


Fox News Louisiana graphic

A New Orleans man who was previously vocal against Louisiana child welfare officials has now been charged with second-degree murder in his infant daughter’s death.

NYNNC reports that a man from New Orleans, who was previously critical of Louisiana child welfare officials, has now been charged with second-degree murder in the death of his baby daughter.

According to records, Strickland called 911 on February 28th to report that his baby was unresponsive at home. He performed CPR on the baby and accompanied emergency medical technicians to Children’s Hospital. Unfortunately, the baby passed away two days later.

The New Orleans coroner determined that the cause of death was complications from abusive head trauma.

In a story from 2021 by WDSU-TV, Strickland and his wife Tess expressed their frustration with a lengthy and unwarranted child abuse investigation they faced after bringing their son to the hospital in 2020 due to a bruise. The boy was temporarily removed from their home but was eventually returned by the judge, who criticized the state procedures, as reported by the station.

The Times-Picayune/The New Orleans Advocate states that the 3-year-old boy has once again been removed from his parents’ home and placed with his grandparents.

Leave A Reply